SEO is a term that gets thrown around a lot, and many people seem to think it’s some kind of magic spell. But SEO is actually just a strategy that can be used to help boost your website’s search engine rankings and get more traffic from Google. It doesn’t require any special skills or talents; anyone can do it as long as they have the right tools and knowledge. For example, let’s say you own an eCommerce site selling t-shirts. If you want more people searching for “t-shirt designs” on Google, then your goal would be to rank high in this keyword so that when those searchers go looking for something specific like this, your site will show up first on their results page (that’s called first page ranking).
Think about what people are searching for
You need to know what people are searching for. This is the first step in building your SEO strategy—understanding your customers and their needs.
The simplest way to get started is by researching the most common questions about your niche, as well as topics in your industry that get a lot of attention online. You can use Google Trends and Keyword Planner (Google’s premium tool) to help you with this research.
Develop a strategy to monitor your rankings
This is a crucial piece of a successful SEO strategy, as it allows you to track progress and make adjustments where necessary. There are many tools available for this, but some of the most popular include:
- Google Search Console – This tool allows you to monitor your rankings on a regular basis and access data such as crawl errors and traffic sources. Additionally, if you purchase an enterprise plan from Google Search Console, they’ll provide reports on keyword performance in addition to information about your website’s mobile-friendliness (which can be especially useful when making changes).
- Moz – With their free MozBar toolbar extension for Chrome or Firefox (and paid version), you can see how your site fares in Google SERPs at any given time. It also enables users to view backlinks from other sites in order to determine what types of links might help them rank better than others in the future
Be aware of where you are ranking
You need to be aware of where you are ranking. You can see your rankings in different search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo by using the tools provided by them. This will also help you know whether or not your SEO strategy is working.
Google Search Console is one of the best tools for this purpose as it will enable you to monitor backlinks and keywords for any website that uses Google Adwords or a paid ad service from Google. It allows users to monitor both organic searches (searches made on text-based search results) as well as paid ads that have been created by advertisers who have paid for clicks from their ads appearing on top of natural results when people perform a search query on Google’s platform.
Using SEO Toolkit makes it easy for users to know how many clicks they get per month based on different factors such as keyword rankings, geographical location etcetera; so being aware of where exactly your agency ranks means monitoring these statistics closely using tools like these two mentioned above!
Go local and claim your business listing on Google My Business
Claim your Google My Business listing.
Your business listing is a page on Google Maps that gives customers all the information they need to find and interact with your company. If you don’t already have one, claim it by verifying your business location (this process can take up to 5 days) before adding photos and other details like phone numbers, email address, hours of operation and more.
Why is this important? A website isn’t enough anymore; if people want to find you online they will search for you on Google Maps, so claiming your GMB page is critical if you want to drive traffic through organic search traffic as opposed to paid ads.
Do your research
The first step in developing a solid SEO strategy is research. In order to develop an effective strategy, you need to understand the landscape of your industry and how consumers are searching for your product or service. Google Trends and Keyword Planner are great places to start.
Using Google Trends, you can identify trends in your industry by looking at search queries over time including countries and languages related to those searches. Here, you’ll be able to see what topics are most popular within the industry as well as which terms have grown in popularity over time (and which ones have declined).
Google Keyword Planner allows users with AdWords accounts or Display & Video 360 accounts access this data through their free tool so that they can get an idea of what keywords their target audience is using when searching online. This information will help inform content creation decisions moving forward!
Make sure you’re using the right keywords in the right places
If you want to rank well in Google, it’s important to make sure that your site is using the right keywords.
- Use the right keywords in your title tags, meta descriptions and H1 tags: The most important thing you can do with your website is use the right keywords in places like the page title and meta description. A good rule of thumb is that if you are targeting a specific keyword or phrase then it should appear at least once on each page of your website.
- Use keywords in URLs: Another way to get good search rankings is by using descriptive URL names for pages on your site (e.g., instead of examplewebsitepage.html). This helps users find what they’re looking for when they search on Google by showing them exactly what’s on the page without having to click through first!
- Use keywords in content: If someone searches for something specific, it’s likely because they need some information about that topic — so give them exactly what they’re looking for! Search engines will reward this kind of helpful content by ranking higher than other websites that don’t provide relevant answers when people try searching things like “[topic] + [keyword].
Optimize your site for mobile users
Making sure your website is mobile-friendly is a great way to increase your search rankings on Google, and it’s also an easy way to make sure that visitors will want to stay on your site. While there are many different things you can do with responsive design or a mobile-friendly website, here are four simple ways that digital agencies can ensure their site is optimized for user experience:
- Use Responsive Design – If you have multiple pages of content, have them all accessible by one URL. This makes it easier for visitors who are browsing from their smartphones or tablets and don’t want to be redirected through another page when they’re already looking at one thing.
- Make Sure Your Website Loads Quickly – Visitors won’t stay on a slow-loading page for long! To keep up with today’s users’ expectations of quick load times (especially on mobile), make sure everything on your page loads quickly—and if there’s something that doesn’t need loading immediately (like video), use AJAX so the rest of the page continues loading while those elements take their time getting there.
Create great content
You might have heard that creating great content is the key to a successful digital marketing strategy. And you’re right—it is!
But what exactly does “great content” mean? Well, it means lots of things. Here are just a few:
- Relevant content: Your audience wants to read about things that matter to them and also things they don’t already know about (but will love once they find out). So make sure your content is relevant!
- Engaging and easy-to-read: You want people reading your blog posts, not scrolling through them and then hitting the back button on their browser before finishing a single paragraph. Make sure your writing style isn’t too complicated or boring so that people want to keep reading all the way through their browsers’ loading screens.
- Useful information: Your readers should be able to get something useful out of any given blog post you write before they leave it behind forever—and then hopefully come back again soon after seeing how helpful everything was when last they visited this site/social media platform/blogging network’s homepage tabber thingie.”
Become an industry expert in your niche and get published
- Become an expert in your industry. Master the knowledge of your niche and become a leader in it.
- Publish articles on your blog. Create content that is relevant to your industry, useful for your audience, readable, and easy to understand.
- Use keywords in the title of your articles so Google can find them easily when someone searches for those keywords (your clients will also find you more easily online).
Your digital agency won’t succeed without an effective SEO strategy.
You and your digital agency are in the business of making money. In order to do this, you need to make sure that people can find you when they’re looking for a product or service like yours. With an effective SEO strategy, that’s exactly what will happen!
SEO is all about being found by potential customers when they search for what you offer online. Search engine optimization involves learning about how people search for products and services on Google and finding ways to position your business at the top of those results pages when users search for keywords related to what you provide.
If you want your digital agency to succeed, you need an effective SEO strategy. And that means doing your research and making sure you’re using the right keywords in the right places. If you can do that well enough—and if Google approves of it—then you’ll be able to bring in more business and grow your brand!